Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wheatless 2-Ingredient Pancakes and Avocado-Broccoli Dip Breakfast

Looks like a regular-ish pancakes, doesn't? Well, these "pancakes" are made up of 2 ingredients, neither are wheat.
The only ingredients are 2 eggs and 1 banana. WUT. I found the original recipe from this site and made up my own topping.
I also wanted to balance out my breakfast, so I added an avocado-broccoli and sweet potato dip on the side.
So here's what you'll need!

Ingredients:
-2 eggs
-1 banana
-1 apple
-¼ sweet potato
-½ avocado
-2 broccoli trees
-Ground Cinnamon
-Garlic
-Black Pepper
-½ olive oil

First, I cut about 3 slices of the sweet potato and halved them to make some chips for the dip and put them in the microwave for 6 minutes.
 Then I cut the remaining sweet potato into pieces and cooked them for 5 minutes in the microwave.
I sprinkled the broccoli trees with garlic and black pepper and put them in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
I mashed the avocado and added about half of the sweet potato pieces (not the chips). I realized I would have too many sweet potato pieces for the topping, so that's why I added it to the dip which ended up being an awesome thing.
When the broccoli was done, I added that and mixed it to make a dip.
Then, I cut ½ of the apple and sliced it into chunks. I added them to the bowl with the sweet potato pieces and sprinkled them with cinnamon.
Then, I heated them in the microwave for 2 minutes.

Meanwhile....

I cracked the eggs in a bowl.
Here's the fun part- since we don't have mixers or a food processor, I mashed the banana with my hands and added it to the bowl.
And whisked them together. If you don't have a whisk, a fork works just fine too. We won't get the same consistency as a properly blended batter; however, I found this to be awesome because then there were a few pieces of warn banana found while eating the pancakes. Yum~~ =^.^=
I put some oil in the pan (sweeping away the excess amount and spreading it around the pan with a paper towel) and let it heat for a bit. Then, I put ⅓ of the batter into the pan.
 And flipped it just like a pancake.
And repeated 2 more times with the remaining batter. The last 2 didn't turn out as pretty, but that's okay. You may have to add a bit more oil to prevent the pancake from sticking.
I sliced the remaining apple and spread them out all pretty on the plate and stacked the pancakes.
Then, I gradually added the sweet potato and apple cinnamon topping as I ate it.
 I added a bit of honey on top (from Kaldi) too ^___^.
 I was really happy with the meal ^___^. Oh gosh, those pancakes.

Directions:
1) Cut about 3 slices of the sweet potato and halve them to make chips. Microwave for 6 minutes.
2) Cut the remaining sweet potato into pieces. Microwave for 5 minutes.
3) Sprinkle the broccoli trees with garlic and black pepper. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
4) Mash the avocado and add about half of the sweet potato pieces (not the chips). Add the heated broccoli trees and mix together to make a dip.
5) Cut ½ of the apple and slice into chunks. Add them to the bowl with the sweet potato pieces and sprinkled them with cinnamon. Microwave for 2 minutes.
6) Crack the eggs in a bowl.
7) Mash the banana and add to the bowl with eggs. Whisk together (with whisk or fork).
8) Put some oil in the pan and let it heat for a bit. Then, put ⅓ of the batter into the pan.
9) Repeat with remaining batter. You can make 3-4 pancakes, depending on the size of the pancakes you make.
10) Slice the remaining apple and spread them out all pretty on the plate and stack the pancakes.
11) Added the sweet potato and apple cinnamon topping.
12) Add honey if you want.
13) Nom nom nom.

I had this for breakfast this morning, but this would really be good for any meal =^.^=. 

1 comment:

  1. SO CRAZY.
    I look forward to trying this one. That picture could have fooled me on the pancakes.

    ReplyDelete